Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Robert Paris <rp...@hotmail.com> on 2003/02/24 02:03:41 UTC

Re: Bug 17208 - WordDocument Problem: createListTables - Negative Array Size

Ryan,

Thanks for the message. I downloaded the source code to open office, but
it's 500 megs+. I can't seem to find where in the code they actually deal
with the MS Word Binary structure. Do you know what classes/parts of code
deals with that? I'll definitely look through it.

Thanks.

As for the spec, I did read it and did not find anything about -1 being an
accepted value, but all I can find is the '97 spec and nothing on 2000, so I
didn't know if it had been changed.

- Robert Paris

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
For POI we should always focus on '97 formats and then if there is a
feature we want to implement from a later version (which there are very
few of) then we can have it disabled by default.  (maybe
.set2000(true))...

-Andy

Posted by Ryan Ackley <sa...@cfl.rr.com>.
> I can't seem to find where in the code they actually deal
> with the MS Word Binary structure. Do you know what classes/parts of code
> deals with that? I'll definitely look through it.

I have no idea where to look it has been so long. If you email one of the
developers on the openoffice "Word" equivalent they may point you in the
right direction. They have always been real friendly when I needed something
like that in the past.