Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Katpally, SriharshaReddy" <Sr...@mag-ias.com> on 2013/01/16 22:09:17 UTC

How to publishing artifact including transitive dependencies

Hello,
I'm trying to publish one artifact (say A) to the internal maven
repository and I was wondering as to what construct do I use to such
that dependencies (B, C, D) associate with the artifact A are downloaded
transitively if another developer intends to use the artifact A.

Thank You

Re: How to publishing artifact including transitive dependencies

Posted by Baptiste MATHUS <ml...@batmat.net>.
Hi,
It depends on how you declared dependencies inside A pom to those other
deps.

If they are not declared optional, the short answer is yes: B, C and D will
also be needed by people using A.

But anyway, if your A project really uses B,C and D, that's gonna be
impossible to use A without ClassNotFoundException or NCDFE

Cheers