Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by murdock619 <pi...@vorster.co.za> on 2015/04/09 15:18:56 UTC

High Availablity with journal messages

I am new to activemq. We are prototyping a few queuing frameworks.

2 Of the things we require is High Availability and journaling.

I understand that you can get HA with the Master/slave setup. Would this
also guarantee durability. ie no messages that has been posted will be lost?
Another thing we require is journal that keeps all the messages that have
been taken of the queue so that we can replay them at a later stage.

Is this possible and what is the best configuration for this?

Re: High Availablity with journal messages

Posted by murdock619 <pi...@vorster.co.za>.
In addition does HA imply redundancy on both storage(messages are duplicated
across nodes) as well as connectivity(if a node goes down one would still be
able to post to another)