Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org> on 2002/11/11 10:52:01 UTC

Can someone do that breadcrumb trail server-side, pleeease? ( was Re: [RT] Getting rid of the table-based layout)

Miles Elam wrote:

<snip/>

> Speaking of accessibility, I forgot to mention that I removed all
> JavaScript from my mockup.  It wasn't needed at all for the Google
> search.  And rather than rehash a discussion I'm sure took place long
> before I got here, could someone send me a link as to why the breadcrumbs
> were used instead of server-side inclusion?  I'm not saying it was a
> bad decision, I probably just don't know the history.  It just worries
> me that if someone doesn't have scripting enabled, they lose part of the
> page navigation.  That and document.write() sidesteps the DOM...

There is no server-side solution just because nobody has done it, and
the javascript solution was just a quick copy-paste hack from another
page design.

In fact, we all would like to see a server-side solution, when someone
gets along to do it...

             - verba volant, scripta manent -