Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it> on 2006/10/31 12:50:14 UTC

How to set the (success) result message in a minilang service so that it is shown in screen?

Hi all,

I'm sorry for the somewhat trivial question, but I cannot find a way to
set the (success) result message in a minilang service so that it is
shown in screen.
I've tried with something like this:

<set value="Thanks for running this service" field="successMessage"/>

But it doesn't work...
Any hints?

Thanks

Jacopo

Re: How to set the (success) result message in a minilang service so that it is shown in screen?

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
I may not understand what you are asking, however if you are using the
success when call a service from the controller,
this is just a string that is matched in the request-map
so you could use a screen widget to return the message.

if you do it the way you show, I think, you would have to have
response name="Thanks for running this service"
instead of
response name="success"

another solution is to have a success page similar to the error page.
it would then display the return mapped value.

last suggest is to use the messages.flt

Jacopo Cappellato sent the following on 10/31/2006 3:50 AM:

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.
First of all,

thanks to all for your help.

I think I have found the issue: the service is called as a service-multi
event and I've discovered that the service-multi event handler simply
ignores the succesMessages (it only considers the error messages).
I will propose a patch soon because I think that it could be nice to
have both kind of messages in the result...

Jacopo

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Jacopo,

Your service is used in an event ? In this case field should be "_event_message_"

My 2 cts ;o)

Jacques

Posted by Ashish Vijaywargiya <to...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Jacopo,