Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by jm...@jakarta.apache.org on 2003/03/27 20:09:12 UTC

ezmlm warning

jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org mailing list.

at jmeter-user-owner@jakarta.apache.org.

Messages to you from the jmeter-user mailing list seem to
message I received.

I will remove your address from the jmeter-user mailing list,
without further notice.

I've kept a list of which messages from the jmeter-user mailing list have
bounced from your address.

send an empty message to:
   <jm...@jakarta.apache.org>

send an empty message to:
   <jm...@jakarta.apache.org>

Here are the message numbers:

   2340
   2341
   2342
   2343
   2344

Date: 16 Mar 2003 02:56:51 -0000
From: MAILER-DAEMON@nagoya.betaversion.org
To: jmeter-user-return-2340-qmlist-jakarta-archive-jmeter-user=nagoya.apache.org@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: failure notice

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at nagoya.betaversion.org.

<qm...@nagoya.betaversion.org>:
/opt/ezmlm/sbin/archive: Cannot open file "/opt/ezmlm/archive/jakarta.apache.org/jmeter-user/200303"

Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 13:55:08 +1100
From: ssadedin@badboy.com.au
To: JMeter Users List <jm...@jakarta.apache.org>
Subject: Re: capture/replay style recording tool for JMeter

Although I've used JMeter a reasonable amount, I haven't used the proxy before,
so correct me if anything is wrong, but I guess a few things would be

  - you don't have to change your browser proxy to
    use Badboy (this is mostly just a matter of convenience).
  - Badboy gives you a nice tree display of
    what its recording.
  - Badboy is a capture/replay tool in its own right -
    (exporting to Jmeter is just a feature of it).  So
    you can play back the script with Badboy, watch it
    in the browser window, mess with the requests/parameters
    etc., get it all working right before you export to JMeter.

So I don't think there's anything fundamentally better, but people who would
like a simple/cheap/free capture replay tool and also use JMeter might find it
convenient (I do anyway :-).

Cheers,

Simon.