Posted to c-users@xerces.apache.org by "E. Stuart Hicks" <es...@oar.net> on 2010/05/21 18:25:34 UTC

Linking error

Attached is the output from my attempt to link something against
Xerces-C.  The command used to compile is at the top.  Yes it's an old
version but I'm trying to compile some pretty old code.  I'm not really
sure what to do about it - if I'm reading it correctly, libxerces-c.so
is complaining that it cannot find functions that it itself is supposed
to provide.  Am I missing a required linker parameter or do I just need
to compile and use an older version of binutils?  Thanks

--
E. Stuart Hicks
Identity Management

1224 Kinnear Road
Columbus, OH 43212
Phone: (614) 292-9540
Fax: (614) 292-9330
Email: eshicks@oar.net

Re: Linking error

Posted by David Bertoni <db...@apache.org>.
On 5/21/2010 9:50 AM, E. Stuart Hicks wrote:
> On 05/21/2010 12:38 PM, Alain Leblanc wrote:
>>
>> Try this linking command, with the object file before the link to the
>> libraries.
>>
>> g++ -DLINUX -fpic -o xsltrans xsltrans.o  -lc -lxalan-c -lxerces-c
>>

> No difference - the output is effectively the same.
Did you build Xalan-C and Xerces-C yourself? If so, try building the
sample applications to see if those link.

These are all template functions, so I would suspect some template
generation option is affecting this, or perhaps you've built Xerces-C
with a different version of GCC than you're linking with.

Dave

Re: Linking error

Posted by "E. Stuart Hicks" <es...@oar.net>.

Re: Linking error