Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Otto Mok <om...@sitraka.com> on 2001/05/15 16:00:25 UTC

Re: JUnit and Ant

Hi,

I have the same problem.
Basically, I can get junit tasks working in my build.xml
But I would like it to work with the following constraints:
1. Do not add junit.jar in the CLASSPATH.
2. Do not put junit.jar in the lib directory of ANT_HOME.

And I have good reason for it.
I want to minimize the set-up requirement for the developer's workstation.
When I upgrade junit or add other modules, EVERY developer
would need to update his/her CLASSPATH or update the jar files in the
lib directory of ANT_HOME.

Has anyone found a way to get around this?
Is it even possible?

Thanks.

Otto out!

RE: JUnit and Ant

Posted by George McKInney <ge...@tantalus.com>.
We've used rather brute force way of ensuring that all the developers are
using the same environments; the Ant binaries and libs are a part of our VSS
project, and the start-up scripts for the builds preserve any existing
ANT_HOME before re-setting it to the one we want (and restore the old one
when finished).

We have both .bat and .sh scripts, and this system seems to work prettty
well. Early on, we had some problems with different versions of Ant;
similarly, we had had a bit of version confusion with other libs as well.
Now the project has a single set of libs (including jUnit) and things have
gone more smoothly.

BTW, our scripts also ignore any previous CLASSPATH on the developer's
machine - and that has probably saved us more grief than anything else.

George McKinney, Developer
Tantalus Communications Inc.
500-1122 Mainland Street
Vancouver, BC, Canada V6B 5L1