Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by em...@ispsvc.com.sg on 2001/07/11 03:48:02 UTC

Installation of mod_jk.so at AIX 433

Hi! Greetings!
I really am having problems in installing mod_jk.so over my RS machine. I
always get errors in compilation.. And i need to install it at once.. Is
there anyone who could possible give me the exact procedure or needed files
just to compile this into my machine? Please i need help on this.. It done
a couple of mixtures in the command at apxs..... and i come up to error
such as rc=255, sometimes; rc=1 or 0... i guess , i have ecncountered every
error.. and even the dlopen.c comlilation error...
There were some issues at the web that i have to place dlfcn.h and dlopen.c
also.. so i did it... but i still cant compile the mod_so.c, can somebody
help me please......

Email me at once .. THANKS a lot in advance...

Edmon Mendoza
RS6000 Systems Engineer
ISP Services Pte Ltd
Tel. no. 7888-681
emendoza@ispsvc.com.sg

RE: Installation of mod_jk.so at AIX 433

Posted by Tim O'Neil <ti...@xythos.com>.
At 03:37 PM 7/11/2001, you wrote:
>Are you using gcc or C for AIX / VisualAge?
>
>I'm using visualage 5.0, and needed to hack apxs thus:
>
>my $CFG_CFLAGS        = q( -DAIX=43 -DUSE_PTHREAD_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT
>-U__STR__ -DAIX_BIND_PROCESSOR -qcpluscmt -qnogenpcomp -qnousepcomp
>-DMOD_SSL=207101 -DMOD_PERL -DUSE_PERL_SSI -D_ALL_SOURCE -D_ANSI_C_SOURCE
>-D_POSIX_SOURCE -qmaxmem=16384 -DUSE_HSREGEX -DEAPI -DEAPI_MM -DUSE_EXPAT
>-I../lib/expat-lite `../apaci`);            # substituted via Makefile.tmpl
>
>my $CFG_LDFLAGS_SHLIB = q(-H512 -T512 -bhalt:4 -bM:SRE -bnoentry -bexpall
>-bI:/usr/local/apache/libexec/httpd.exp -lc); # substituted via
>Makefile.tmpl
>
>note: I'm not an apxs expert so most of these options probably
>       depend on the options you built apache with.
>       I've not tried gcc.

I've *generally* had fewer problems using gcc to do things
than when using the hardware vendor's tools. Sparcworks 4
(for sun work stations obviously) had a notorious rep in a
shop I worked at a few years ago. Visualage too, for AIX
but I often wonder if the problems I experienced weren't due
more to AIX's archaic shared memory model than to the compiler.

Re: Installation of mod_jk.so at AIX 433

Posted by Adam Fowler <af...@aber.ac.uk>.
Hi,

I'm currently mirroring mod_jk binary builds for all OS's. Could you send me
ur AIX file with a description of the platform it is used for? E.g. AIX
ver.., processor architecture, tomcat ver, apache ver etc.

Thanks!

Adam.

----
Adam Fowler
Help Desk Live Project
Information Services
University of Wales, Aberystwyth
Web guy+author on the TomcatBook Project
http://tomcatbook.sourceforge.net
e-mail: adamfowler@chillin.co.uk
----

RE: Installation of mod_jk.so at AIX 433

Posted by John Bazeley <jo...@ecnetwork.co.nz>.