Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jeff Jensen <je...@upstairstechnology.com> on 2006/05/26 17:12:35 UTC

RE: [ismicro-commons] Proximity: possible to have config files outsideof WEB-INF?

Thank you very much for a prompt reply and solution!  :-)  Very much
appreciated.  I wasn't sure if there was some type of property I hadn't seen
yet to allow doing so.

Do you have any thoughts on enhancing the configuration to allow config
files outside of web-inf without the spec violation?  It's really great when
one can just install the war (especially with new releases) and it picks up
existing config files elsewhere, not touching any files in WAR.

Most of the time, this means a system property so users can define on the
container.

With the solution you sent, we still have to update the
applicationContext.xml file in the war, so it is a tradeoff of remaining the
same as the original release structure and copying over the two edited files
from SCM workspace vs non-release structure and copying one file.  I'm
leaning towards just copying over the two edited each time to remain as
release-standard as possible.

WDYT?

(even though I am narrowing on a small configuration issue to facilitate
reproducibility and ongoing updates, the setup and config of Proximity was
very easy and trouble free :-).