Posted to user@poi.apache.org by "Akattar, Geethan" <GA...@StateStreet.com> on 2008/04/21 23:33:13 UTC

Problem in Excel file -java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

Hi,

I am using POI; it gives out of memory error when it reads more than 30k
rows. Is there anyway we can resolve this?  I believe this can be solved
if we overwrite the same file with different sheet name every time. But
POI doesn't support currently. Please advise

Regards,
Geethan

Re: Problem in Excel file -java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@torchbox.com>.
On Mon, 21 Apr 2008, Akattar, Geethan wrote:
> I am using POI; it gives out of memory error when it reads more than 30k
> rows. Is there anyway we can resolve this?

Simply give your JVM more memory. The default amount given to the JVM is
normally pretty small, as it hasn't generally been increased nearly as
fast as the normal amount of memory on a system has.

Nick