Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jonny Becker <jo...@hotmail.com> on 2006/03/13 10:24:33 UTC

Newbie: Generate an xml-stream

Hi,

I'm a toatal newbie to Struts.

Aim:
I want to generate an xml-stream that I'll use for pdf-generation using FOP.

Questions:
- How generate the xml-stream the best way? Can I use xml-templates and
insert my data somehow?
- In general: Is there a tutorial how to proceed in this case?

Thanks
Jonny

Re: Newbie: Generate an xml-stream

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
Jonny Becker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a toatal newbie to Struts.
>
> Aim:
> I want to generate an xml-stream that I'll use for pdf-generation using
> FOP.
>
> Questions:
> - How generate the xml-stream the best way? Can I use xml-templates and
> insert my data somehow?
> - In general: Is there a tutorial how to proceed in this case?

Just produce XML from your JSPs (or whatever type of view you prefer).
Don't forget to also set the content type of the response appropriately.

L.