Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Aaron Robinson <aa...@hotmail.com> on 2003/06/09 13:23:28 UTC

strange problem setting up struts

I'm working through the readme with struts rc1.1 and get the following error
from both Tomcat and WLS 8.1 when trying to start the servlet container
after deploying the struts-examples war. The documentation war has deployed
successfuly

INFO: Initializing,
config='org.apache.struts.webapp.example.ApplicationResource
s', returnNull=true
09-Jun-2003 12:17:40
org.apache.struts.webapp.example.memory.MemoryDatabasePlugI
n init
INFO: Initializing memory database plug in from '/WEB-INF/database.xml'
09-Jun-2003 12:17:40 org.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorPlugIn
initResources
INFO: Loading validation rules file from '/WEB-INF/validator-rules.xml'
09-Jun-2003 12:17:40 org.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorPlugIn
initResources
SEVERE: jakarta.apache.org
java.net.UnknownHostException: jakarta.apache.org
        at
java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName0(Ljava.lang.String;Z)[Ljava.net.Ine
tAddress;(Unknown Source)
        at
java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName0(Ljava.lang.String;)[Ljava.net.Inet
Address;(Unknown Source)
        at
java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName(Ljava.lang.String;)[Ljava.net.InetA
ddress;(Unknown Source)
        at
weblogic.net.http.HttpClient.openServer(Ljava.lang.String;I)V(HttpCli
ent.java:228)
        at weblogic.net.http.HttpClient.openServer()V(HttpClient.java:292)

Re: strange problem setting up struts

Posted by Kevin Robair <kr...@yahoo.com>.
In some versions of struts, you must have an internet
connection in order to the validation XML files to
validate. I have the problem in 1.1RC1, but I read
that it is fixed in the nightly build. In your
validator XML files, you can change the URL of the DTD
to point to a local disk file, and that should solve
the problem (I think!).

-Kevin

--- Aaron Robinson <aa...@hotmail.com>