Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by altern <al...@bigmir.net> on 2008/12/11 23:04:39 UTC

currently logged in user keyword

How could I get current logged in user login as svn keyword? Should I write
hook for this purpose? Are there update-hooks at all? I need to make
specific configuration files functionality available. For example, I have
next code in my config.php:
<?php
switch('$login$') {
   case 'user1':
      $conf['dbname'] = 'db1';
      break;
   case 'user2':
      $conf['dbname'] = 'db2';
      break;
   case 'user1':
      $conf['dbname'] = 'db3';
      break;
}
mysql_select_db($conf['dbname']);
?>

Is something planned to develop in future subversion version to handle
configuration files? This is a big issue for me. And not for me, I guess

Re: currently logged in user keyword

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 18:04, altern <al...@bigmir.net> wrote:
> How could I get current logged in user login as svn keyword? Should I write
> hook for this purpose? Are there update-hooks at all? I need to make
> specific configuration files functionality available. For example, I have
> next code in my config.php:
> <?php
> switch('$login$') {
>   case 'user1':
>      $conf['dbname'] = 'db1';
>      break;
>   case 'user2':
>      $conf['dbname'] = 'db2';
>      break;
>   case 'user1':
>      $conf['dbname'] = 'db3';
>      break;
> }
> mysql_select_db($conf['dbname']);
> ?>
>
> Is something planned to develop in future subversion version to handle
> configuration files? This is a big issue for me. And not for me, I guess

Subversion isn't an "interactive" logon environment. Your client
configuration file is managed in your user account home directory; if
you need multiple configurations based on what repository you're
interacting with, write a wrapper script around your SVN client
operations to swap the appropriate versions of ~/.subversion in & out
for those repositories.

Re: currently logged in user keyword

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.