Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by vhtien <vh...@zing.vn> on 2009/10/15 06:08:51 UTC

Tapestry5 - Can not create skeleton Tapestry project

Hello everybody!

I'm a newbie for Tapestry5 and i want to try it. But i have some problems. I
hope everyone can help me. My OS is Fedora 10 and this is my doing list:

1./ Download and install JDK1.6 update 16 from  http://java.sun.com
http://java.sun.com  and set the enviroment variable JAVA_HOME, PATH: (open
terminal and type: echo "export JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/latest">>/etc/profile;
echo "export PATH=/usr/java/latest/bin:$PATH">>/etc/profile). It works
well!!
2./ Download maven-2.0.5 from  http://archive.apache.org/dist/maven/binaries
http://archive.apache.org/dist/maven/binaries  (maven-2.0.5-bin.zip).
3./ Unpack and move it to /usr/local. Then create soft link: ln -s
maven-2.0.5 maven
4./ Set enviroment variable PATH=/usr/local/maven/bin:$PATH. It works well!!
5./ create a folder : /home/vhtien1986/work and open terminal into it.
6./ Type: mvn archetype:create -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.tapestry
-DarchetypeArtifactId=quickstart -DgroupId=com.packtpub -DartifactId=t5first
-DpackageName=com.packtpub.t5first -Dversion=1.0.0-SNAPSHOT
7./ Note that the command in step 6 is in ONE LINE.
8./ Enter and i get something like this:

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'archetype'.
[INFO] Ignoring available plugin update: 2.0-alpha-4 as it requires Maven
version 2.0.7
[INFO] Ignoring available plugin update: 2.0-alpha-3 as it requires Maven
version 2.0.7
[INFO] Ignoring available plugin update: 2.0-alpha-2 as it requires Maven
version 2.0.7
[INFO] Ignoring available plugin update: 2.0-alpha-1 as it requires Maven
version 2.0.7
[INFO]
[INFO] Building Maven Default Project
[INFO]    task-segment: [archetype:create] (aggregator-style)
[INFO]
[INFO] Setting property: classpath.resource.loader.class =>
'org.codehaus.plexus.velocity.ContextClassLoaderResourceLoader'.
[INFO] Setting property: velocimacro.messages.on => 'false'.
[INFO] Setting property: resource.loader => 'classpath'.
[INFO] Setting property: resource.manager.logwhenfound => 'false'.
[INFO] **************************************************************
[INFO] Starting Jakarta Velocity v1.4
[INFO] RuntimeInstance initializing.
[INFO] Default Properties File:
org/apache/velocity/runtime/defaults/velocity.properties
[INFO] Default ResourceManager initializing. (class
org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.ResourceManagerImpl)
[INFO] Resource Loader Instantiated:
org.codehaus.plexus.velocity.ContextClassLoaderResourceLoader
[INFO] ClasspathResourceLoader : initialization starting.
[INFO] ClasspathResourceLoader : initialization complete.
[INFO] ResourceCache : initialized. (class
org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.ResourceCacheImpl)
[INFO] Default ResourceManager initialization complete.
[INFO] Loaded System Directive:
org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Literal
[INFO] Loaded System Directive: org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Macro
[INFO] Loaded System Directive: org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Parse
[INFO] Loaded System Directive:
org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Include
[INFO] Loaded System Directive:
org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Foreach
[INFO] Created: 20 parsers.
[INFO] Velocimacro : initialization starting.
[INFO] Velocimacro : adding VMs from VM library template :
VM_global_library.vm
[ERROR] ResourceManager : unable to find resource 'VM_global_library.vm' in
any resource loader.
[INFO] Velocimacro : error using  VM library template VM_global_library.vm :
org.apache.velocity.exception.ResourceNotFoundException: Unable to find
resource 'VM_global_library.vm'
[INFO] Velocimacro :  VM library template macro registration complete.
[INFO] Velocimacro : allowInline = true : VMs can be defined inline in
templates
[INFO] Velocimacro : allowInlineToOverride = false : VMs defined inline may
NOT replace previous VM definitions
[INFO] Velocimacro : allowInlineLocal = false : VMs defined inline will be
global in scope if allowed.
[INFO] Velocimacro : initialization complete.
[INFO] Velocity successfully started.
[INFO] [archetype:create]
[INFO] artifact org.apache.tapestry:quickstart: checking for updates from
central
[INFO]
[INFO] Using following parameters for creating Archetype: quickstart:RELEASE
[INFO]
[INFO] Parameter: groupId, Value: com.packtpub
[INFO] Parameter: packageName, Value: com.packtpub.t5first
[INFO] Parameter: package, Value: com.packtpub.t5first
[INFO] Parameter: artifactId, Value: t5first
[INFO] Parameter: basedir, Value: /home/vhtien1986/work
[INFO] Parameter: version, Value: 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Error creating from archetype

Embedded error: The META-INF/maven/archetype.xml descriptor cannot be found.
[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 3 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Thu Oct 15 10:57:14 GMT+07:00 2009
[INFO] Final Memory: 6M/68M
[INFO]

Re: Tapestry5 - Can not create skeleton Tapestry project

Posted by Gunnar Eketrapp <gu...@gmail.com>.
Hi !

Try ...

mvn archetype:generate
-DarchetypeCatalog=http://tapestry.formos.com/maven-repository

... instead.

Also see http://tapestry.formos.com/nightly/tapestry5/

Good luck and have fun!
/Gunnar Eketrapp

2009/10/15 vhtien <vh...@zing.vn>

> [...]
> [INFO] Parameter: packageName, Value: com.packtpub.t5first
> [INFO] Parameter: package, Value: com.packtpub.t5first
> [INFO] Parameter: artifactId, Value: t5first
> [INFO] Parameter: basedir, Value: /home/vhtien1986/work
> [INFO] Parameter: version, Value: 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT
> [INFO]
> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO]
> [INFO] Error creating from archetype
>
> Embedded error: The META-INF/maven/archetype.xml descriptor cannot be
> found.
> [INFO]
> [INFO]
> [INFO] Total time: 3 seconds
> [INFO] Finished at: Thu Oct 15 10:57:14 GMT+07:00 2009
> [INFO] Final Memory: 6M/68M
> [INFO]
> [vhtien1986@localhost work]$
>
> I follow the book : Tapestry5 Building Web Applications. I hope everyone

[Hem: 08-715 59 57, Mobil: 0708-52 62 90]
Allévägen 2A, 132 42 Saltsjö-Boo