Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Mariam Salloum <ma...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/10 21:52:07 UTC

Using Batch Id

Hi All,

I'm using Nutch 2.x along with Hbase and SOLR. I have the following
question.

(a) Lets say I run a crawl (generate, fetch, parse, update, etc.) with
Batch ID  '1' and set the depth to 3.
(b) After this, I may still have some pages unfetched and they should be
marked with Batch ID 1'

(c) I then inject additional URLS
(d) Run a crawl (generate, fetch, parse, update, etc.) with Batch ID  '2'

My question is what pages get assigned this new batch id? Do the pages from
the previous crawl (unfetched pages) get assigned this new batch id? Or
only newly injected pages.

I guess I don't fully understand the concept of batch id and how to utilize
it. I already searched the Nutch site and past posts, but could not find
clarification on this.

Thank you for your help

Re: Using Batch Id

Posted by Mariam Salloum <ms...@cs.ucr.edu>.
Thanks Bai for your explanation, it make alot of sense.

I had another question. I see you had posted a question on how to query all
unfetched pages from HBase. Were you able to get the query below to work?

<<I'm trying to check hbase for urls that have unfetched status but my
query
isn't working correctly.  No matter what I don't get a match.

scan 'webpage', {COLUMNS=>['f:bas', 'f:st'],
FILTER=>SingleColumnValueFilter.new(Bytes.toBytes('f'),
Bytes.toBytes('st'), CompareFilter::CompareOp.valueOf('EQUAL'),
Bytes.toBytes('1'))} >>

Thanks a lot for your help

Mariam

Re: Using Batch Id

Posted by Mariam Salloum <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Bai for your explanation, it makes alot of sense.

Re: Using Batch Id

Posted by Bai Shen <ba...@gmail.com>.