Posted to dev@openwhisk.apache.org by David P Grove <gr...@us.ibm.com> on 2021/02/08 21:41:18 UTC

[DISCUSS] release openwhisk-runtime-go 1.17.0

I'd like to make a release of openwhisk-runtime-go to be able to propagate
the updates to use the latest Go 1.13 and Go 1.15 releases through to the
various action loop runtimes.

It would be the usual two-stage process.  First we make the
openwhisk-runtime-go release, then we update all the action loop runtimes
to consume the release and release them.

Since PHP is an action loop runtime, I'm going to try to kick off the
release voting relatively quickly so Rob has the new action loop available
when he does the PHP release.

--dave

Re: [DISCUSS] release openwhisk-runtime-go 1.17.0

Posted by Rob Allen <ro...@akrabat.com>.

> On 8 Feb 2021, at 21:41, David P Grove <gr...@us.ibm.com> wrote:
>

> I'd like to make a release of openwhisk-runtime-go to be able to propagate
> the updates to use the latest Go 1.13 and Go 1.15 releases through to the
> various action loop runtimes.
>
> It would be the usual two-stage process.  First we make the
> openwhisk-runtime-go release, then we update all the action loop runtimes
> to consume the release and release them.
>
> Since PHP is an action loop runtime, I'm going to try to kick off the
> release voting relatively quickly so Rob has the new action loop available
> when he does the PHP release.

Works for me.