Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Jason Gill <jg...@chgcompanies.com> on 2004/04/13 17:17:33 UTC

Velocity Dreamweaver Extension

I have created an extension for Macromedia Dreamweaver that adds much needed
functionality to support Velocity. While it doesn't check syntax, it does do
a lot of other things:

1. Inserts a "Velocity" Object (insert bar on MX 2004) with tools to
automatically insert VTL code into your document.
2. Adds Velocity's .vm extension in Dreamweaver and associates .vm files
with Dreamweaver.
3. Adds "Velocity" as a new document type in Dreamweaver. Also adds a
Default.vm page which will open as the new document when Velocity is
selected.
4. Let's .vm files act as thought they were .html files, including color
coding, tag hints, etc. Also includes some color coding for VTL and tag
hints will appear when '#" is typed.

Almost 1500 people have already downloaded this extension (it's been up for
less than a month) but I just barely uploaded the most recent version 1.0.4,
so if you've already got it, go get it again. If you are at all interested
in updates, add it to your alerts.

Although I'm a long time Dreamweaver user, I'm fairly new to Velocity. I've
published this extension as Open Source and would love any feedback,
suggestions, additions, etc.

You can download the extension here:

http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/exchange/index.cfm#loc=en_us&view=sn121&vi
ewName=Dreamweaver%20Extension&authorid=0&page=0&scrollPos=0&subcatid=0&snid
=sn121&itemnumber=-1&extid=1012541&catid=0

Jason Gill

Re: Velocity Dreamweaver Extension

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@4quarters.com>.
This is great!

Any chance you also want to have it here in the Velocity project?

geir

geir@4quarters.com

Re: Velocity Dreamweaver Extension

Posted by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@forio.com>.