Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Sean Hulbert <sh...@securitycentric.net.INVALID> on 2022/06/21 00:09:28 UTC

Guacamole Remote APP

Hello

Has guacamole advanced enough to launch remote applications not needing
active directory or Microsoft OS?

I like to launch apps from Ubuntu, Mint and other distributions, is this
possible and if so does ||APPNAME and APP PATH valid for Linux kernels?

Thank You

Re: Guacamole Remote APP

Posted by Michael Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Jun 20, 2022, 17:09 Sean Hulbert
<sh...@securitycentric.net.invalid> wrote:

> Hello
>

> Has guacamole advanced enough to launch remote applications not needing
> active directory or Microsoft OS?
>
> I like to launch apps from Ubuntu, Mint and other distributions, is this
> possible and if so does ||APPNAME and APP PATH valid for Linux kernels?

This isn't a question of whether Guacamole has support for RemoteApp on
Linux, but whether any Linux-based RDP server has support for RemoteApp.

If such a server exists, it will work with Guacamole, as Guacamole speaks
the protocol and supports RemoteApp.

To my knowledge, no Linux-based RDP server exists supporting RemoteApp.

- Mike