Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Krzysztof Zielinski <KZ...@supermedia.pl> on 2000/12/05 14:01:48 UTC

Standard for documents content structure.

Hi.

For a few weeks I have been making a publishing system for internet
newspapers.
I have designed my own structure for documents with articles.

In attachment there is a small example of my documents structure. I think
that my solution is not very universal but it is easy.

Where can I found internet documents content standard .

I know that there are standards for describe content eg RDF.
I have not found a standard for define content of documents.

I have looked at DBPrism and solution from Oracle but article content in
Oracle is part of HTML. In solution from Oracle there are not separately
title, paragraphs, photos and other parts of article. All part of article
are together in one part of HTML code.
It is not good enough for me. I can't for example: publish content as PGF or
WAP. I want to save documents in database and make easy editor for
documents.

I have looked at other standards like RDF,RSS,DublinCore,PRISML and all of
them are used for describe content not for define content.

Does someone defined his own standard content documents and implemented it?

Thanks for any suggestions or hints

Regards,
Krzysztof Zielinski
Web Application developer