Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by "José J. Rodriguez" <jo...@cenpalab.cu> on 2018/12/24 16:05:31 UTC

Re: [MASSMAIL]Status and yet another IDE survey

Geertjan Wielenga wrote:
 > Also, though I'm personally against any kind of SLOPPY survey
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-selection_bias), as should anyone
else be too, there's a new one about IDEs and it would be great if
everyone would fill this one in (in favor of NetBeans of course), since
our logical rejection of such surveys keeps leading to NetBeans being
seen as less popular than it is:

 > https://t.co/VqwdM1C9cu

Done...!

Regards,
Joe1962

Re: [MASSMAIL]Status and yet another IDE survey

Posted by "José J. Rodriguez" <jo...@cenpalab.cu>.
José J. Rodriguez wrote:

> Geertjan Wielenga wrote:
>  > Also, though I'm personally against any kind of SLOPPY survey
> (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-selection_bias), as should anyone
> else be too, there's a new one about IDEs and it would be great if
> everyone would fill this one in (in favor of NetBeans of course), since
> our logical rejection of such surveys keeps leading to NetBeans being
> seen as less popular than it is:
>  >
>  > https://t.co/VqwdM1C9cu
>  >

> Done...!

So I'm replying to myself here because there's something strange going
on with this mailing list. Whe you press reply on a message, it doesn't
always get the list address, but rather the sender's email. My
workaround is to "Reply To All", then remove emails not of this list. I
sometimes forget though and this happened to me when originally replying
to Geertjan's email. But I guess he knows all about it, since his
address turns out to have .INVALID at the end, so you just get an error
email back... :D

Anyway, I'll paste here Marius Snyman's reply to my previous email,
which I am pretty sure was meant for the list, but he probably suffered
the same problem I was explaining before:

From: Marius Snyman <sn...@gmail.com>

Netbeans is in my view the best open source IDE. I work in an area where
Intellij is used and some of is stay with Netbeans. It is versatile with
a large community and plugins. Bugs receive the proper attention and
community requests are introduced without breaking the IDE. HUGE thumbs
up from me and my colleagues.