Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2012/12/20 00:31:57 UTC

[OT] Education version of Flash Builder

Hi,

Just been pointed out to me that this URL no longer exists:
http://freeriatools.adobe.com/flex

As linked from "Free Flash Builder Standard" here:
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/edu.html

Anyone know if Adobe is going to offer Flash Builder 4.7 free to students like they did with Flash Builder 4.6?

I also not that you get "This product does not have an education price." here:
http://www.adobe.com/products/flex.edu.html

So is there any education pricing for FB at all?

Thanks,
Justin

RE: [OT] Education version of Flash Builder

Posted by Antonio Ortiz <ze...@hotmail.com>.
Adobe no longer have a free license of Flash Builder.
Only trought Creative Cloud License of 19.99 USD /month
That is a price for students and teachers.
But, in Mexico, we dont have that privileges, if in a Mexico a student / teacher want it...
It have to pay 49.99 USD / month

The only information about this decision is here:
http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1109385?tstart=0

Grettings from Mexico... :(

Atte.
Antonio Ortiz

Posted by Carol Frampton <cf...@adobe.com>.

On 12/19/12 6 :51PM, "Alex Harui" <ah...@adobe.com> wrote:

>On 12/19/12 3:31 PM, "Justin Mclean" <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:
>>
>> So is there any education pricing for FB at all?
>The PM for FB is already out for the year.  Remind me again next year and
>will ask him.

Adobe has a company wide shutdown (at least in the US) starting next
Monday Dec 24th returning January 2nd.  Many people extended it into this
week or part of this week.

Carol

Re: [OT] Education version of Flash Builder

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 12/19/12 3:31 PM, "Justin Mclean" <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> So is there any education pricing for FB at all?
The PM for FB is already out for the year.  Remind me again next year and I
will ask him.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team