Posted to user@pig.apache.org by lulynn_2008 <lu...@163.com> on 2011/09/06 04:16:36 UTC

will open jira for pig-0.8.1 test cases, please help to check some problems

 Hello,
Based on previous discussion with Thejas Nair about pig-0.8.1 unit test. I think jira should be opened for the following unit test(my research indicate the cause is HashMap does not guarantee ordering):
org.apache.pig.test.TestDataModel
org.apache.pig.test.TestLogToPhyCompiler
org.apache.pig.test.TestMRCompiler
org.apache.pig.test.TestMergeJoinOuter
org.apache.pig.test.TestNewPlanLogToPhyTranslationVisitor
org.apache.pig.test.TestPruneColumn
org.apache.pig.test.TestUnionOnSchema
org.apache.pig.test.TestPushDownForeachFlatten
org.apache.pig.test.TestTypeCheckingValidator
Actually, there are more three unit test failed, and I can not find the cause, please help to check the problems:(with sun java version "1.6.0_19" and Apache Ant(TM) version 1.8.2):

[junit] Running org.apache.pig.test.TestJobSubmission
[junit] Tests run: 6, Failures: 1, Errors: 5, Time elapsed: 0.213 sec

Testcase: testJobControlCompilerErr took 0.01 sec

       FAILED

org.apache.pig.backend.executionengine.ExecException: Cannot find hadoop configurations in classpath (neither hadoop-site.xml nor core-site.xml was found in the classpath).If you plan to use local mode, please put -x local option in command line -- a = load 'input';

junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: org.apache.pig.backend.executionengine.ExecException: Cannot find hadoop configurations in classpath (neither hadoop-site.xml nor core-site.xml was found in the classpath).If you plan to use local mode, please put -x local option in command line -- a = load 'input';

       at org.apache.pig.test.utils.LogicalPlanTester.buildPlan(LogicalPlanTester.java:215)

       at org.apache.pig.test.utils.LogicalPlanTester.buildPlan(LogicalPlanTester.java:90)

       at org.apache.pig.test.TestJobSubmission.testJobControlCompilerErr(TestJobSubmission.java:450)

Testcase: testDefaultParallel took 0 sec

       Caused an ERROR

null

java.lang.NullPointerException

       at org.apache.pig.test.TestJobSubmission.testDefaultParallel(TestJobSubmission.java:480)

Testcase: testDefaultParallelInSort took 0 sec

       Caused an ERROR

null

java.lang.NullPointerException

       at org.apache.pig.test.TestJobSubmission.testDefaultParallelInSort(TestJobSubmission.java:506)

Testcase: testDefaultParallelInSkewJoin took 0 sec

       Caused an ERROR

null

java.lang.NullPointerException

       at org.apache.pig.test.TestJobSubmission.testDefaultParallelInSkewJoin(TestJobSubmission.java:538)

Testcase: testReducerNumEstimation took 0 sec

       Caused an ERROR

null

java.lang.NullPointerException

       at org.apache.pig.test.utils.LogicalPlanTester.buildPlan(LogicalPlanTester.java:213)

       at org.apache.pig.test.utils.LogicalPlanTester.buildPlan(LogicalPlanTester.java:90)

       at org.apache.pig.test.TestJobSubmission.testReducerNumEstimation(TestJobSubmission.java:573)

Testcase: testReducerNumEstimationForOrderBy took 0 sec

       Caused an ERROR

null

java.lang.NullPointerException

       at org.apache.pig.test.TestJobSubmission.testReducerNumEstimationForOrderBy(TestJobSubmission.java:638)

[junit] Running org.apache.pig.test.TestPigContext
[junit] Tests run: 5, Failures: 0, Errors: 4, Time elapsed: 25.258 sec

Testcase: testSetProperties_way_num01 took 6.941 sec

       Caused an ERROR

null

java.lang.NullPointerException

       at org.apache.pig.test.Util.deleteFile(Util.java:355)

       at org.apache.pig.test.TestPigContext.registerAndStore(TestPigContext.java:247)

       at org.apache.pig.test.TestPigContext.testSetProperties_way_num01(TestPigContext.java:79)

Testcase: testSetProperties_way_num02 took 6.489 sec

       Caused an ERROR

null

java.lang.NullPointerException

       at org.apache.pig.test.Util.deleteFile(Util.java:355)

       at org.apache.pig.test.TestPigContext.registerAndStore(TestPigContext.java:247)

       at org.apache.pig.test.TestPigContext.testSetProperties_way_num02(TestPigContext.java:90)

Testcase: testSetProperties_way_num03 took 6.445 sec

       Caused an ERROR

null

java.lang.NullPointerException

       at org.apache.pig.test.Util.deleteFile(Util.java:355)

       at org.apache.pig.test.TestPigContext.registerAndStore(TestPigContext.java:247)

       at org.apache.pig.test.TestPigContext.testSetProperties_way_num03(TestPigContext.java:102)

Testcase: testHadoopExceptionCreation took 0.001 sec

Testcase: testImportList took 1.251 sec

       Caused an ERROR

null

java.lang.NullPointerException

       at org.apache.pig.test.TestPigContext.testImportList(TestPigContext.java:166)

[junit] Running org.apache.pig.test.TestSecondarySort

[junit] Tests run: 23, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Time elapsed: 266.962 sec

Testcase: testNestedSortEndToEnd3 took 63.569 sec

       Caused an ERROR

Unable to open iterator for aliasE. Backend error : org.apache.pig.data.DataByteArray cannot be cast to org.apache.pig.data.Tuple

org.apache.pig.impl.logicalLayer.FrontendException: ERROR 1066: Unable to open iterator for aliasE. Backend error : org.apache.pig.data.DataByteArray cannot be cast to org.apache.pig.data.Tuple

       at org.apache.pig.PigServer.openIterator(PigServer.java:753)

       at org.apache.pig.test.TestSecondarySort.testNestedSortEndToEnd3(TestSecondarySort.java:550)

Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.pig.data.DataByteArray cannot be cast to org.apache.pig.data.Tuple

       at org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.physicalLayer.expressionOperators.POProject.getNext(POProject.java:392)

       at org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.physicalLayer.relationalOperators.POLocalRearrange.getNext(POLocalRearrange.java:357)

       at org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.mapReduceLayer.PigMapBase.runPipeline(PigMapBase.java:237)

       at org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.mapReduceLayer.PigMapBase.map(PigMapBase.java:232)

       at org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.mapReduceLayer.PigMapBase.map(PigMapBase.java:53)

       at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.runNewMapper(MapTask.java:621)

Re:Re: Re: will open jira for pig-0.8.1 test cases, please help to check some problems

Posted by lulynn_2008 <lu...@163.com>.
Hello Daniel Thejas,
I opened a jira for pig-0.8.1 unit test:https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-2281
I put all my analysis information into description part. Not find good way to fix it. Any suggestion?

Posted by Daniel Dai <da...@hortonworks.com>.
do:

Posted by lulynn_2008 <lu...@163.com>.
Hello Daniel,