Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ray Martin <ra...@aci-hq.com> on 2002/11/07 14:58:46 UTC

my history with cocoon

1) Authentication - DOESN'T WORK - cannot logout - insufficient information.
2) LDAP - DOESN'T WORK - insufficient information.
3) Form Validation - DOESN'T WORK - toosmall and toolarge work, but the
other tags write true and false on the form - insufficient information.
4) FileUpload - DOESN'T WORK - Cocoon actions provide a Request Object,
FileUpload from jakarta commons requires an HttpServletRequest object to be
handed to the parseRequest object - insufficient information. MaybeUpload
from the Cocoon API - not one single word to suggest its use.

Does anyone know of anything that does work?

My track record is 4 tries - 0 working.
Ask questions - 0 answers.
Sufficient information - minimal.
Frustration - maximum!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Progress - 0.

If you can answer any of the above - tell me your price.  Tell me if you
accept cash, check or credit card!!!!!!!!!!  What does it take to get an
answer?  $100 - $200 - name your price.  $1000 for the answers to my four
questions.

Re: my history with cocoon

Posted by Boris Althaus <bo...@petra-productions.de>.
I implemented a Authentification like in the examples/Web Applikations/Protected Area because it's working in every combination of tomcat/cocoon203 I tried out yet.
My recent setup is linux/jdk14/tomcat4.12(jdk14)/cocoon2.03

The Sample-Sunshine-Portal-Authentification i got running yet only on win2k/jdk131/tomcat4.01/cocoon2.03. I hope it would work with setup also on a linux-system. I didn`t tried to implement it, because it seemed to complex to me for the beginning.
Posted by Yann Klis <yk...@kaliasys.com>.
On Thu, 7 Nov 2002 15:31:28 +0100, Boris Althaus wrote
> I'am working with the release of Cocoon-2.03.
>
> The authentification works!

Which one?
The one from the scratchpad or the one from the servlet engine?
Thx

++

yk

Re: my history with cocoon

Posted by Boris Althaus <bo...@petra-productions.de>.
I'am working with the release of Cocoon-2.03.

The authentification works!
FormValidations works!

i didn't tried Ldap and FileUpload, yet

If you are working with the above release, i can assist you, with the two items.

Boris

Re: my history with cocoon

Posted by "Ilya A. Kriveshko" <il...@kaon.com>.
Wow. Sounds like a lot of frustration to me. Here's a freebie on 4):

http://outerthought.net/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=FileUploadWithAction

That's if you want to do it in an action. If you want to do it in anXSP
page,
use the same code that is used in the Action. Namely:

FilePartFile filePartFile = (FilePartFile)request.get("uploadfile");
File file = filePartFile.getFile();

Of course, you may also be more careful and do all the necessary
type and null pointer checking, but this should give you an idea.

I'll let others answer 1, 2 and 3, 'cause I never had to use any of that.
I'd try searching the mailing list archives:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users

--
Ilya