Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by artifex <ar...@kiberry.ru> on 2005/02/22 06:30:53 UTC

lost nodes after delete()?

Hi,

After creating huge amount nodes in repository, calling checkIn/CheckOut for
some nodes and then removing content, it was found out, that remains
garbage(?) in file system.
I do approximately such sequence of actions:

1. after creating repository &  certain base content
40 files / 49 folders in repository
2. creating  a quantity of nodes
567 files / 457 folders in repository
3. CheckIn/CheckOut for some nodes + label additions
779 files / 614  folders in repository
4. Moving nodes
771 files/605 folders in repository
5. Removing all content (except nodes from  point #1 )
212 files/191 folder in repository

212 not equal 40!  For example, In \version\blobs\xx\xx\...  folder  I can
see files on which contents it is possible to define, that they should be
removed earlier.

Really a problem or I something incorrectly do it?

(Sorry for my english)

Thanks,
Vadim

Re: lost nodes after delete()?

Posted by Tobias Strasser <to...@gmail.com>.
> Whether correctly I have understood, what if I shall delete versions in
> VH(except rootVersion?),  I shall reduce quantity of files if is not
> planned to come back to deleted nodes?

yes, you can also delete root version, once all references to it are deleted.

> Whether I can remove correctly VersionHistory as node?
no, this is not possible.

--
Tobias Strasser, Day Management AG, Barfuesserplatz 6, CH - 4001 Basel

Re: lost nodes after delete()?

Posted by artifex <ar...@kiberry.ru>.
Hi Tobias,

Thanks for explanations.