Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Larry Mulcahy <lm...@qmail.qwest.net> on 2005/11/02 00:12:06 UTC

Backing up a web application?

My question is:

Is there a straightforward way to back up a web application in Tomcat (5.0.28)?
By this I mean make a copy of a deployed webapp with a different application context.

I'd like to deploy a new version of a web application on a production server
while retaining the old version in case of problems.

--
Larry Mulcahy           Please address email to lmulcahy@qmail.qwest.net
PGP public key at:      Good system software should be free, like air

Re: Backing up a web application?

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
In that case - "an easy way" is to not use the webapps dir for
autodeployment. Keep 2 copies of your webapp (old and new) somewhere on disk.
Then change the context declaration file (the file with <Context ...>) to
point to the new directory.

-Tim