Posted to dev@manifoldcf.apache.org by Piergiorgio Lucidi <pi...@apache.org> on 2018/04/24 07:10:40 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] - Welcome Irindu Nugawela as GSoC student at ASF

Hi all,

we have joined the Google Summer Of Code 2018 and we have a new contributor
in the community :)

Please join me in welcoming Irindu Nugawela as GSoC student on ManifoldCF,
he we will help us on implementing the new MongoDB Output Connector [1].

The status of his proposal is officially accepted from both ASF and Google
[2], so we can officially start and I'll try to support him during this
journey.

The plan for this proposal is the following:

   1. April: Setup development environment
   2. May: Basic implementation for configuring the connector with unit
   tests
   3. June: Crawling methods and unit tests
   4. July: Integration Tests and bugfixing
   5. August: Write documentation, code cleanup and bugfixing

I have to confess that Irindu has anticipated some steps, I think that
actually we are in step 3. Great job Irindu ;)

[1] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CONNECTORS-1490
[2] - https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/projects/#4692864580190208

--
Piergiorgio Lucidi
https://www.open4dev.com

Re: [ANNOUNCE] - Welcome Irindu Nugawela as GSoC student at ASF

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
A slightly belated welcome from me too!
Karl

Posted by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com>.