Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Dasa Paddock <dp...@esri.com> on 2013/07/26 00:07:32 UTC

Duplicate files in release4.10.0 branch

There are duplicate files checking into the release branch. It's easiest to see them at:
https://fisheye6.atlassian.com/browse/~br=release4.10.0/flex-sdk

I found them by first checking out the release4.10.0 branch and making sure my working dir is clean and then checking out the master branch and seeing that the git status says that 11 files were deleted instead of the working dir staying clean.

$ git status
# On branch release4.10.0
nothing to commit, working directory clean

$ git checkout master
Checking out files: 100% (5456/5456), done.
Switched to branch 'master'

$ git status
# On branch master
# Changes not staged for commit:
#   (use "git add/rm <file>..." to update what will be committed)
#   (use "git checkout -- <file>..." to discard changes in working directory)
#
#	deleted:    mustella/Assets/Images/ButtonImages/play.GIF
#	deleted:    mustella/Assets/Images/blank.GIF
#	deleted:    mustella/Assets/Images/down.JPG
#	deleted:    mustella/Assets/Images/next.JPG
#	deleted:    mustella/Assets/Images/prev.JPG
#	deleted:    mustella/Assets/Images/up.JPG
#	deleted:    mustella/tests/Validators/EmailValidator/Properties/baselines/ipv6_InvalidIPDomainError_2.png
#	deleted:    mustella/tests/Validators/EmailValidator/Properties/baselines/ipv6_InvalidIPDomainError_2_spark.png
#	deleted:    mustella/tests/Validators/EmailValidator/Properties/baselines/ipv6_InvalidPeriodsInDomainError.png
#	deleted:    mustella/tests/Validators/EmailValidator/Properties/baselines/ipv6_InvalidPeriodsInDomainError_spark.png
#	deleted:    mustella/tests/mx/effects/Zoom/SWFs/Zoom_main.mxml

The duplicates are either identical or just have a different case. e.g.,
https://fisheye6.atlassian.com/browse/~br=release4.10.0/flex-sdk/mustella/tests/mx/effects/Zoom/SWFs

I think it would good to delete the duplicates so that it's clear which version of each file is being used and so that the working directory stays clean when switching branches.

Thanks,
--Dasa

Re: Duplicate files in release4.10.0 branch

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

It's a different case issue, some files were incorrectly names eg ".GIF" rather than ".gif" and were caused issues with the Linux tests. There more work to do on this.

Thanks,
Justin