Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@hibnet.org> on 2008/12/01 10:17:00 UTC

[VOTE] IvyDE 2.0.0.beta1 Release - Take 2

I have built a release candidate for IvyDE 2.0.0.beta1. Compared to the
first version I have just rebuild the updatesite so the packed jar are
compatible with some java 5 jre.

You can download the distribution from this URL:
http://people.apache.org/~hibou/ivyde-2.0.0.beta1/

And a staging update site has been setup there:
http://people.apache.org/~hibou/staging/updatesite

Do you vote for the release of these binaries?

[ ] Yes
[ ] No

Regards,

Nicolas, IvyDE 2.0.0.beta1 release manager

Re: [VOTE] [RESULT] IvyDE 2.0.0.beta1 Release - Take 2

Posted by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@hibnet.org>.
After one week opened for vote, the release has been accepted:
+1 non-binding: 1 vote
+1 binding: 3 votes
-1 : no vote
0 : no vote

Thank you everyone.
I will proceed now to the "deployment".

Nicolas

RE: [VOTE] IvyDE 2.0.0.beta1 Release - Take 2

Posted by "Scheper, Erik-Berndt" <er...@sogeti.nl>.
Hi,

I wonder if this really is such a blocking issue in the sense that the ivyde beta cannot be released.
My personal opinion is that it isn't; it's just another bug (possibly, at least) that maybe fixed in the next beta / RC. But only if a reproducible test case and a Jira issue are filed.

But then again, I don't use this feature, so maybe I'm a little biased.

Regards,
Erik-Berndt

________________________________

> For whatever reasons retrieve after resolve is not working for me in RAD 7.5 and eclipse 3.4 with IvyDE 2.0.0.beta1.
>
> Anyone else experiences same problem?

So far I didn't have any issue on some test projects (I don't use that
feature in a day to day basis).
And what "is not working" exactly ?

Nicolas

> Daniel

Disclaimer:
This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of Sogeti Nederland B.V. or its Group members. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.

Re: [VOTE] IvyDE 2.0.0.beta1 Release - Take 2

Posted by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@hibnet.org>.

Posted by "Becheanu, Daniel" <db...@cars.com>.

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 10:17 AM, Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lalevee@hibnet.org
> wrote:

> I have built a release candidate for IvyDE 2.0.0.beta1. Compared to the
> first version I have just rebuild the updatesite so the packed jar are
> compatible with some java 5 jre.
>
> You can download the distribution from this URL:
> http://people.apache.org/~hibou/ivyde-2.0.0.beta1/
>
> And a staging update site has been setup there:
> http://people.apache.org/~hibou/staging/updatesite
>
> Do you vote for the release of these binaries?
>
> [ ] Yes

+1
great work!

Xavier

> [ ] No
>
> Regards,
>
> Nicolas, IvyDE 2.0.0.beta1 release manager

Xavier Hanin - 4SH France
BordeauxJUG co leader - http://www.bordeauxjug.org/
Blogger - http://xhab.blogspot.com/
Apache Ivy Creator - http://ant.apache.org/ivy/

Re: [VOTE] IvyDE 2.0.0.beta1 Release - Take 2

Posted by Maarten Coene <ma...@yahoo.com>.
+1

I did some basic testing with Eclipse 3.5M3 and everything seems to work fine :-)

Maarten

Posted by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@hibnet.org>.
I forgot to vote myself: +1

Posted by "Scheper, Erik-Berndt" <er...@sogeti.nl>.
After extensive testing on my projects:
[+] Yes

BTW: I especially like the new layout of the preferences and classpath container.
Great work!

Regards,

Erik_Berndt