Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Stuart Roe <st...@ovic.co.uk> on 2010/04/16 11:39:04 UTC

What's wrong with my JMS configuration

Hi,

Can anyone let me what is wrong with my JMS configuration. I'm sending a
message and my jms:consumer is creating an InOnly message when I need an
InOut message.  My JMS component config is:

<jms:consumer service="jmsconf:ScannerConsumerService"
  endpoint="jms"
  destinationName="scan.message"
  targetService="routing:scanner-request"
  targetEndpoint="endpoint"
  connectionFactory="#connectionFactory"
  concurrentConsumers="8"
  replyDestinationName="scan.message"
  replyTimeToLive="5000" />

Do I need to set some property on the source message to indicate that I'm
expecting a reply? I have setJMSReply to a temporary queue. Do I need to do
something else?

BTW:
The message is being created by a test mimic for the actual message source.
I have the correct message content and all the other configuration (such as
routing) is correct. I just need to be able to create an accurate mimic of
the original message source.

Any help is really appreciated,

Stuart

RE: What's wrong with my JMS configuration

Posted by iocanel <ca...@upstreamsystems.com>.

Stuart Roe wrote:

> I now have a problem that the properties are not being transferred. Any
> ideas hold I can get the JMS message properties transferred along with the
> content?

The marshaler you are using (DefaultConsumerMarshaler) should copy the
properties, cause it inherits the copyProperties=true attribute for the
AbstractJmsConsumerMarshaler.

Note: That the properties will be copied on the In Message and not on the
Exchange itself, so be carefull to look at the right place ;-)

-----
Ioannis Canellos

RE: What's wrong with my JMS configuration

Posted by Stuart Roe <st...@ovic.co.uk>.
Hi Ionnis,

Thanks for the answer.

I now have a problem that the properties are not being transferred. Any
ideas hold I can get the JMS message properties transferred along with the
content?

I'm currently setting the property with:

javax.jms.Message message = session.createTextMessage();
message.setStringProperty("operation", "sscc-label");

Stuart.

> message and my jms:consumer is creating an InOnly message when I need
> an InOut message.

The default jms consumer marshaler is creating an InOnly Exchange. If you
want to override it then you need
defaultMep="http://www.w3.org/2004/08/wsdl/in-out" in your endpoint
configuration

-----
Ioannis Canellos

Re: What's wrong with my JMS configuration

Posted by iocanel <ca...@upstreamsystems.com>.

Stuart Roe wrote:

>  I'm sending a
> message and my jms:consumer is creating an InOnly message when I need an
> InOut message.

The default jms consumer marshaler is creating an InOnly Exchange. If you
want to override it then you need

If you need an in-out message, try adding to your configuration