Posted to dev@royale.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2021/03/07 13:43:20 UTC

Merge the compiler-pr for distribution alignment?

Hi all,

it would simplify testing the distribution stuff a lot, if this PR would be merged:
Feature/distribution allignment by chrisdutz * Pull Request #180 * apache/royale-compiler (github.com)<https://github.com/apache/royale-compiler/pull/180>

It simply packs all scripts in the compiler bin directory into an additional jar which can then be downloaded by maven.

With this people wanting to test-drive the distribution changes don't also have to checkout and build the compiler.

It shouldn't have any other side-effects.

Chris

Re: Merge the compiler-pr for distribution alignment?

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
No. If there are issues they should be resolved. I don’t understand Maven well enough to have a technical opinion.

I was just saying that it seems useful for a release, so I’m interested in this getting it resolved quickly.

Thanks,
Harbs

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
Harbs,

Are you proposing merge this even with issue which I have ?

Thanks,
Piotr

On Sun, 7 Mar 2021 at 16:24, Harbs <ha...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I’m interested in doing a release ASAP. This seems really useful for
> releasing.
>
> I’m also not sure if it makes sense to first integrate Josh’s work on
> playerglobal.
>
> Josh, are you finished that or is there more to do?
>
> Thanks,
> Harbs
>
> > On Mar 7, 2021, at 3:43 PM, Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > it would simplify testing the distribution stuff a lot, if this PR would
> be merged:
> > Feature/distribution allignment by chrisdutz * Pull Request #180 *
> apache/royale-compiler (github.com)<
> https://github.com/apache/royale-compiler/pull/180>
> >
> > It simply packs all scripts in the compiler bin directory into an
> additional jar which can then be downloaded by maven.
> >
> > With this people wanting to test-drive the distribution changes don't
> also have to checkout and build the compiler.
> >
> > It shouldn't have any other side-effects.
> >
> > Chris
>
> --

Piotr Zarzycki

Re: Merge the compiler-pr for distribution alignment?

Posted by Josh Tynjala <jo...@bowlerhat.dev>.
There's still more work to do on playerglobal. I might be done by the end
of March, but it's possible that it will go into April. The build changes
may be a little tricky on the Ant side. If you want to do a release before
I'm done, that's fine. What I've already done adds an extra file or two
that won't hurt anything. The existing build with Adobe's playerglobal is
still the default and working fine.

--
Josh Tynjala
Bowler Hat LLC <https://bowlerhat.dev>

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
*I don’t see the reason.

--

Piotr Zarzycki

Re: Merge the compiler-pr for distribution alignment?

Posted by Greg Dove <gr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chris, I haven't followed the discussion until now, that seems pretty
clear to me. The compiler part merge sounds fine to me the way you describe
it - it sounds like it is something that is inevitable at some point, but
'harmless' at any point, right?
I'm sorry I have been a bit 'absent' because of workload, I will aim to
find time to test this during this week (irrespective of whether the
compiler change is merged or remains in the branch). I don't actually use
the IDE distribution, so I am probably not the best person to verify
anything with the distribution itself, but I can check and verify if
everything goes smoothly, at least.  fwiw, I still use Intellij with that
flex-mojos 'hack' to get it working, that you revealed, and I am constantly
grateful to you for sharing that!

--

Piotr Zarzycki

AW: Merge the compiler-pr for distribution alignment?

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Piotr,

--

Piotr Zarzycki

Re: Merge the compiler-pr for distribution alignment?

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.

--

Piotr Zarzycki

AW: Merge the compiler-pr for distribution alignment?

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
It's not a hurry,

--

Piotr Zarzycki

Re: Merge the compiler-pr for distribution alignment?

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
Chris,

--

Piotr Zarzycki