Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2019/03/05 20:42:24 UTC

[REPORT] Apache Karaf

- Apache Karaf provides a modern and polymorphic applications runtime,
multi-purpose (microservices, cloud, IoT, OSGi, etc).

## Issues:
  - There are no issues requiring board attention at this time

## Activity:
  - The kloud (karaf for the cloud) initiative has been launched. The
first goal is to improve the tooling to easily start with Karaf for both
developers and devops.
  - Karaf Vineyard moved forward but not as fast as planned. The
donation proposal should happen soon.
  - Karaf 4.3.x branch has started, starting to upgrade to OSGi R7
specification and implement the "kloud initiative" features and
improvements.

## Health report:
  - More interaction with other projects have been built. Especially, we
are helping the jclouds community to upgrade to latest Karaf release.
  - We started an effort to have regular cadence in Karaf releases.

## PMC changes:

  - Currently 17 PMC members.
  - Last PMC addition was Francois Papon on Thu Nov 29 2018

## Committer base changes:

  - Currently 31 committers.
  - Last committer addition was Francois Papon at Sat May 19 2018

## Releases:

  - 4.2.2 was released on Thu Dec 20 2018
  - 4.2.3 was released on Mon Feb 11 2019
  - Cellar 4.1.3 was released on Wed Feb 27 2019

## Mailing list activity:

  - We can see an increase on the dev mailing list related to the kloud
initiative mostly. The user mailing list activity is stable.

  - dev@karaf.apache.org:
     - 182 subscribers (down -4 in the last 3 months):

  - issues@karaf.apache.org:
     - 42 subscribers (down -1 in the last 3 months):

  - user@karaf.apache.org:

## JIRA activity: