Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Andy <an...@yahoo.com> on 2012/07/12 12:18:47 UTC

NRT and multi-value facet - what is Solr's limit?

Hi,

I understand that the cache for multi-value facet is multi-segment. So every time a document is updated the entire cache needs to be rebuilt.

Is there any rule of thumb on the highest update rate NRT can handle before this cache-rebuild-on-each-commit becomes too expensive? I know it depends, but I'm just looking for order-of-magnitude estimates. Are we talking about 10 updates/s? 100? 1,000?

Thanks

Re: NRT and multi-value facet - what is Solr's limit?

Posted by ka...@gmx.de.
Hi Andy,

as long as the cache for facetting is not per segment there is no NRT together with facetting.

This is what Jason told you in
http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Nrt-and-caching-td3993612.html
and I am agree.

Possible you could use multicore.