Posted to legal-discuss@apache.org by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org> on 2019/09/23 06:19:31 UTC

Legal Committee SLAs

Hi!

at the board meeting last week it was observed that it
would be great to highlight that VP Legal Committee
is, just like almost everything else in ASF, driven by
volunteers and thus SLAs on non-urgent matters
is within 10 business days.

Hence, I propose the following addition to (as the
last paragraph in that section):
     https://www.apache.org/legal/#communications

The Legal Affairs Committee (including VP of Legal
Affairs) is staffed exclusively by volunteers and is
leveraging a pro-bono legal counsel. This means that
while most requests are typically resolved in a matter
of few days, sometimes non-urgent requests can take
longer. We will try to acknowledge your  request within
a couple of days, but the actual resolution may take
much longer. For truly urgent matters always make
sure to contact vp-legal@apache.org directly.

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: Legal Committee SLAs

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
++1... there are very, very few things w/i the ASF that require *immediate* attention. It would be useful, I think, if "we" reminded everyone about it and to not bring their corporate-world SLA expectations into the ASF, except when extremely urgent. Again, long-ago this was understood; now, I'm not so sure this is grokked by all.

Re: Legal Committee SLAs

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
On Wed, Sep 25, 2019 at 11:00 PM Hen <ba...@apache.org> wrote:

> Fine by me, though it's tempting to wait 10 days before saying that.

LOL ;-)

I've committed the change, btw.

> Any cause of this being pointed out?

A few direct requests (assuming we can act as quickly as corporate
legal departments) and a few board conversations.

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: Legal Committee SLAs

Posted by Hen <ba...@apache.org>.
Fine by me, though it's tempting to wait 10 days before saying that.

Any cause of this being pointed out?

Hen