Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Adinath Kamode <ad...@gmail.com> on 2018/04/27 10:48:53 UTC

Pig Error : Could not find or load main class 1600 Error

Hello All,
I have configured Pig 0.17 as well as 0.16 on Hadoop 2.6 till 3.0 , but
everytime getting error "Could not find or load main class 1600 error" even
for simple DUmp command.  I enabled DEBUG level logging but could not
figure out what 1600 mean.  Nothing there on Net.
Setup works fine on LOCAL mode.
This is Ubuntu machine with Java 8.

Please help.

Thanks,
Adinath

Re: Pig Error : Could not find or load main class 1600 Error

Posted by Koji Noguchi <kn...@oath.com.INVALID>.
Hi Adinath,

Maybe your cluster is misconfigured with bad mapred-site.xml.
Can you try adding

set mapreduce.map.java.opts -Xmx1024m
set mapreduce.reduce.java.opts -Xmx1024m

in your pig script?  If that doesn't work, let's take this offline.
Please reply to me and Adam.

Koji

Posted by Adam Szita <sz...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Adinath Kamode <ad...@gmail.com>.
Hello Koji,

Posted by Koji Noguchi <kn...@oath.com.INVALID>.
Hi Adinath,

Fwd: Pig Error : Could not find or load main class 1600 Error

Posted by Adinath Kamode <ad...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Koji Noguchi <kn...@oath.com.INVALID>.
Hi Adinath,