Posted to legal-discuss@apache.org by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com> on 2020/03/26 18:56:18 UTC

Fwd: [VOTE] Pulsar Client Go Release 0.1.0 Candidate 1

Hi legal team,

I'd like to raise a discussion about what is the best way to release a
Golang client for the ASF projects. Since Golang is a static linking
language, Go applications just reference to a Git tag of the source code to
use. People don't download the source code package and compile it. A Git
tag (with Gitsha) is *immutable* and it lives at Gitbox which is in the ASF
infrastructure. Can a Git tag be legally sufficient for an official release
for an ASF project?

For the full context of this question, you can check this email thread
below.

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
Lets discuss on the JIRA. I already replied there.

Thanks,
Roman.