Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Bejoy KS <be...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/13 16:23:52 UTC

Next Gen map reduce(MRV2) - Tutorial

Hi Experts
          I'm really interested in understanding the end to end
flow,functionality,components  and protocols in MRv2.Currently I don't know
any thing on MRv2,so I require some document that would lead me from
scratch. Could any one help me in pointing to some good documents on the
same? I couldn't get a good document from google as well, so it'd be great
if anyone could share some notes or links you have with you on this topic. I
saw some of the details on ASF Jira, but I want to kick start things from
the fundamentals of MRv2 before going into more minute details.

Thank You

Regards
Bejoy.K.S

Re: Next Gen map reduce(MRV2) - Tutorial

Posted by Bejoy KS <be...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Sadak and Hitesh. It was a great piece of information for me.
I'd post in queries if i get struck in with understanding some components.

Thanks a lot

regards
Bejoy.K.S

Posted by Hitesh Shah <hi...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Bejoy

Posted by visioner sadak <vi...@gmail.com>.
I think yahoo is working on next gen map reduce if u have seen these links
below

http://developer.yahoo.com/blogs/hadoop/posts/2011/02/mapreduce-nextgen/

http://developer.yahoo.com/blogs/hadoop/posts/2011/03/mapreduce-nextgen-scheduler/

http://developer.yahoo.com/blogs/hadoop/posts/2011/02/capacity-scheduler/