Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Brian McSweeney <br...@aurium.net> on 2003/06/26 14:43:32 UTC

requiredif - simple example

Hi all,

The validator package works well for me.
But I'm trying to use the requiredif and failing.

I know there has been previous discussion of this,
but I'm trying to a simple validation based on a checkbox
so perhaps someone could tell me where I'm going wrong.

For example,

I want to validate a creditcard, if a checkbox is checked.

I currently am trying to do this as follows:

      <form name="myForm">
              <field property="creditCard"
                     depends="requiredif,creditCard">

                  <arg0 key="myForm.creditCard"/>
                  <arg0
                      name="creditCard"
                    key="CreditCard"
                      resource="false"
                  />
                  <arg0
                      name="requiredif"
                    key="A Credit-Card is"
                      resource="false"
                  />
                  <var>
                    <var-name>myForm.checked</var-name>
                    <var-value>on</var-value>
                  </var>
              </field>
      </form>

The form name is: myForm

The creditcard field is named "creditCard"
The checkbox field is named "checked"

Note that all other types of validation are working correctly for me.

Any help would be SO much appreciated.
Brian

RE: requiredif - simple example

Posted by Brian McSweeney <br...@aurium.net>.
Hi Kevin,
Thanks for the reply.

I'm a little confused by your example though.
First off - what does the ${4dig} mean?
This won't validate a checkbox, right?

Second, you have a lot of stuff commented out.
Are these fields getting validated?

Finally, if I wanted to just test against a boolean
being checked would I do something like the following?

	<field property="prop1" depends="mask">
            <msg name="requiredif" key="app224Form.aForm.prop1.req"/>
            <msg name="mask" key="app224Form.aForm.prop1.mask"/>
            <var>
               <var-name>mask</var-name>
               <var-value>${4dig}</var-value>
            </var>

[...]