Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by SANDEEP BAZAR <sa...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/21 16:10:25 UTC

When History jclouds-labs-openstack/openstack-swift will be Production Ready?

Hi, have few questions

*) In table under "https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-labs-openstack",
openstack-swift is shown *BETA*. By when it will be production ready?

*) When will implementation in jclouds-labs-openstack replace
jclouds/apis/swift ?

*) When I try to run some live tests against a real Swift instance as
follows, it always fails.
[sandeepbazar@oc0651064816 jclouds-labs-openstack-master]$ pwd
/home/sandeepbazar/jclouds-labs-openstack-master
[sandeepbazar@oc0651064816 jclouds-labs-openstack-master]$ mvn
integration-test -pl :openstack-swift -Plive -Dtest.swift-keystone.endpoint=
http://X.X.X.X/v2.0/ -Djclouds.provider=swift-keystone
-Dtest.swift-keystone.identity=demo:demo
-Dtest.swift-keystone.credential=devstack

*) How can I test *real Swift instance* using JClouds?

--

Thanks
Sandeep Bazar

Re: When History jclouds-labs-openstack/openstack-swift will be Production Ready?

Posted by Everett Toews <ev...@RACKSPACE.COM>.
On Apr 21, 2014, at 9:10 AM, SANDEEP BAZAR <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> *) In table under "https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-labs-openstack",
> openstack-swift is shown *BETA*. By when it will be production ready?

Probably jclouds 1.8.0 or 1.8.1. There is no firm release date for those yet.

> *) When will implementation in jclouds-labs-openstack replace
> jclouds/apis/swift ?

jclouds/apis/swift will be removed in 2.0.0 but you can consider it replaced as of now.

I recommend using openstack-swift as of now and please give us feedback.

> *) When I try to run some live tests against a real Swift instance as
> follows, it always fails.
> [sandeepbazar@oc0651064816 jclouds-labs-openstack-master]$ pwd
> /home/sandeepbazar/jclouds-labs-openstack-master
> [sandeepbazar@oc0651064816 jclouds-labs-openstack-master]$ mvn
> integration-test -pl :openstack-swift -Plive -Dtest.swift-keystone.endpoint=
> http://X.X.X.X/v2.0/ -Djclouds.provider=swift-keystone
> -Dtest.swift-keystone.identity=demo:demo
> -Dtest.swift-keystone.credential=devstack

Your jclouds.provider should be openstack-swift

> *) How can I test *real Swift instance* using JClouds?

I’m not exactly sure what you mean by “real Swift instance”. Rackspace has Cloud Files which is definitely a “real Swift instance”. Here’s how I do it.

cd openstack-swift/

mvn -Plive -Dtest.openstack-swift.endpoint=https://identity.api.rackspacecloud.com/v2.0/ -Dtest.openstack-swift.identity=myRackspaceUsername -Dtest.openstack-swift.credential=myRackspacePassword clean install

If you don’t have a Rackspace account and want to try this, you can use our Developer Trial [1].

HTH,
Everett

[1] http://developer.rackspace.com/devtrial/

Re: When History jclouds-labs-openstack/openstack-swift will be Production Ready?

Posted by Andrew Phillips <ap...@qrmedia.com>.
> *) When I try to run some live tests against a real Swift instance as
> follows, it always fails.

See JCLOUDS-538 [1]. You will probably need to try to run the code
from the pull request, as well as add the properties
"test.swift.endpoint", "test.swift.identity" and
"test.swift.credential".

I see your comment in the issue - what was the command line you used
to invoke those tests?

ap

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCLOUDS-538