Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Joe Zitnik <JZ...@hfcc.net> on 2006/01/31 14:05:51 UTC

new stock spam

For the last few days, I've been receiving stock spam, same format as
the other stock spam, except the spam is a gif image.  Some
randomstringofletters.gif, and a bunch of text.  The random text will
show up at the bottom of the page.  The ones I'm currently seeing are
for Golden Apple Oil and Gas.  Because the subject is always different,
the name of the gif is always different, and the text is always at least
a little different, there's no way to consistently stop these, is there?
 I've been feeding them to bayes, but they're still slipping past, I'm
guessing because each one is so dissimilar from the next.

Re: new stock spam

Posted by Matthias Fuhrmann <Ma...@stud.uni-hannover.de>.
On Tue, 31 Jan 2006, Joe Zitnik wrote:

> For the last few days, I've been receiving stock spam, same format as
> the other stock spam, except the spam is a gif image.  Some
> randomstringofletters.gif, and a bunch of text.  The random text will
> show up at the bottom of the page.  The ones I'm currently seeing are
> for Golden Apple Oil and Gas.  Because the subject is always different,
> the name of the gif is always different, and the text is always at least
> a little different, there's no way to consistently stop these, is there?
>  I've been feeding them to bayes, but they're still slipping past, I'm
> guessing because each one is so dissimilar from the next.

did you already add this to your rules directory:
http://www.rulesemporium.com/rules/70_sare_stocks.cf

worth a try, if not yet added.

regards,
Matthias