Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by PRAKASH C <PR...@sella.it> on 2006/02/15 09:01:13 UTC

How to configure mysql database in jetspeed

Hai ,

while deploying application in jetspeed this araise .

placing  hibernate.cf.xml with this entry in WEB-INF/classes works fine ,
       <hibernate-configuration>
<session-factory>
        <property
name="hibernate.connection.driver_class">com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</property>
        <property name="hibernate.connection.url"> .... </property>
        <property name="hibernate.connection.username"> ... </property>
        <property name="hibernate.connection.password"> ... </property>
        <property
name="dialect">org.hibernate.dialect.MySQLMyISAMDialect</property>
</session-factory>
</hibernate-configuration>

when created datasource and placed context.xml in META-INF doesnt work

<hibernate-configuration>
 <session-factory>
  <property
name="hibernate.connection.datasource">java:/comp/env/jdbc/LTPPool</property

  <property
name="dialect">org.hibernate.dialect.MySQLInnoDBDialect</property>
  </session-factory>
</hibernate-configuration>

Any one know the reason .....

Reagrds ,
Prakash

Questo documento e gli eventuali allegati sono indirizzati unicamente al
destinatario, a cui la lettura e l'utilizzo delle informazioni contenute
sono esclusivamente riservati. Nel caso di utilizzo non autorizzato, Banca
Sella potra' dar corso alle azioni piu' opportune per il risarcimento dei
danni subiti anche da terzi. Nell'ipotesi che la e-mail non fosse
indirizzata a Voi o il contenuto lasci intendere che possano esservi stati
errori o manipolazioni nella trasmissione, vogliate cortesemente contattare
i seguenti indirizzi di posta elettronica: info@sella.it; reclami@sella.it

This e-mail is directed uniquely to the interested party, which is the
exclusive addressee of any information contained herein. For any abuse about
the content of this message, Banca Sella will claim compensation for damages
occurred to third parties as well. In case the e-mail should be addressed to
other than you, or the content should reveal any transmission errors or
manipulations, please contact us at the following address: info@sella.it;
reclami@sella.it

Re: How to configure mysql database in jetspeed

Posted by Raj Saini <ra...@gmail.com>.
Prakash,

Ask your questions on Jetspeed user mailing list. Dev list of
development related questions.

Raj

Re: How to configure mysql database in jetspeed

Posted by Raj Saini <ra...@gmail.com>.

> Thanks for replying ,
>       i ve installed Jetspeed2.0-derby-install.jar . whether i have to make
> any changes for accessing mysql database. if i put context.xml in
> conf/Catalina/localhost/ which has datasource entries (i.e) driver classname
> , url , password . placed hibernate.cfg.xml in WEB-INF/classes which  uses
> that datasource. but this is not working. Is there any where to make mysql
> entry.
>
> Reagrds
> Prakash

If you are using MySQL as your DB, use jetspeed multidb installer
instead of Jetspeed2.0-derby-install.jar. It is available at download
page along with derby installer.

Raj

\

Posted by PRAKASH C <PR...@sella.it>.
Raj Saini wrote:

On 2/15/06, PRAKASH C   <ma...@sella.it> <PR...@sella.it> wrote:

Hai ,

while deploying application in jetspeed this araise .

placing  hibernate.cf.xml with this entry in WEB-INF/classes works fine ,

       <hibernate-configuration>

<session-factory>

        <property

name="hibernate.connection.driver_class">com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</property>

        <property name="hibernate.connection.url"> .... </property>

        <property name="hibernate.connection.username"> ... </property>

        <property name="hibernate.connection.password"> ... </property>

        <property

name="dialect">org.hibernate.dialect.MySQLMyISAMDialect</property>

</session-factory>

</hibernate-configuration>

I don't think it is Jespeed related issue. When you place your

configuration file in WEB-INF/classes, you essentially put it in the

application classpath and it works fine.

when created datasource and placed context.xml in META-INF doesnt work

<hibernate-configuration>

 <session-factory>

  <property

name="hibernate.connection.datasource">java:/comp/env/jdbc/LTPPool</property

  <property

name="dialect">org.hibernate.dialect.MySQLInnoDBDialect</property>

  </session-factory>

</hibernate-configuration>

contex.xml is a tomcat related issue. Context XML element in this code

is used by the tomcat. Therefore, the XML fragment must be tomcat

specific. Your hibernate configuration fragments are no way related to

tomcat and therefore, it does not work.

Regards,

Raj

<ma...@sella.it> ;  reclami@sella.it <ma...@sella.it>