Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Leonidas Papadakis <it...@creteonline.gr> on 2007/08/28 20:07:30 UTC

struts2 freemarker session check

Hi there,

i used to have this expression : <#if Session.sessionaff?exists></#if>
in my freemarker template.
Unfortunately this does not get parsed and generates an error :
Expression Session is undefined on line ....

Can anyone tell me the new syntax please ?

Thank you very much

Leonidas

Re: struts2 freemarker session check

Posted by Haroon Rafique <ha...@utoronto.ca>.
On Tomorrow at 12:09am, LP=>Leonidas Papadakis <it...@creteonline.gr> wrote:

LP> I will answer myself in case someone else has the same issue.
LP>
LP> I think since freemarker 2.3.1 or something if the session is not set
LP> from the servlet it is not initialized in the template. Thus a check
LP> for the Session object has to precede the check for the session
LP> property i.e. <#if Session?exists></#if>

Hi Leonidas,

I think you can accomplish what you're trying to achieve with your
original 1-liner slightly modified:

<#if (Session.sessionaff)?exists></#if>

Can you try that? The above will only return true, if Session exists and
Session.sessionaff exists.

Later,
--
Haroon Rafique