Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by ccp999 <cc...@hotmail.com> on 2012/10/12 05:51:02 UTC

How to build a cell selection model in TableView

Hi,

I read some posts and learnt that there is only row selectable in TableView
but as I want to build a Excel like functions on TableView.  I would like
you to show me where I shall look into it.

Do you think this will benefit to others on using TableView?

Brendan

Re: How to build a cell selection model in TableView

Posted by Roger and Beth Whitcomb <Ro...@rbwhitcomb.com>.
Hi Brendan,
     I imagine this could be of benefit to others, even if no one has
spoken up.
     As usual, the place to start with things like this would be in
several places:  you would probably have to add some methods to
TableView.java to keep track of the column selection, and then a lot of
work in TerraTableViewSkin to the keyboard and mouse handling to keep
track of being in column selection mode, and then to change the column
selection appropriately.  There would also have to be changes to
TableViewRowEditor (I imagine) so it could just edit a single cell (I
don't know what that would look like).
     Just some thoughts I'm throwing out there.

~Roger