Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Audrey Roberto B Baldin <au...@unitelco.com.br> on 2016/11/24 13:14:27 UTC

Billing for services

Hi there,

How can we get billing information from cloudstack?

If a customer is using a VPC, is it possible to get information of how much traffic he is consuming in the public network and the private gateway? I don't intend to bill for the traffic between VMs.

Thanks for your help!

Att.,
Audrey

RE: Billing for services

Posted by Marty Godsey <ma...@gonsource.com>.
If you want a commercial product that works with the usage server you can look at Amysta or Ubersmith. Both work well but come with a price which really isn’t bad.

I personally use Ubersmith.

Regards,
Marty Godsey
Principal Engineer
nSource Solutions, LLC

De: "Dag Sonstebo" <Da...@shapeblue.com>
Para: "users" <us...@cloudstack.apache.org>
Enviadas: Quinta-feira, 24 de novembro de 2016 11:35:22
Assunto: Re: Billing for services

Hi Audrey,

This is basically what the CloudStack usage service is for - suggest you install this and take a look at the data this provides.

Regards,
Dag Sonstebo
Cloud Architect
ShapeBlue

Dag.Sonstebo@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

Re: Billing for services

Posted by Audrey Roberto B Baldin <au...@unitelco.com.br>.
Thank for all the help about billing services.

After some initial troubleshooting we could put the usage service to work. For some reason it was not populating the cloud_usage database but we could fix it.

I would like to know if you could help me understand some entries in the database. Most of them are pretty easy to understand, but one in particular I could not figure out.

When I check for the Network Usage (Bytes Sent/Bytes Received) (usagetypeid 4/5), when I look to values regarding the DomainRouter (type=DomainRouter), is it a measure only for the Public Network traffic or a sum of every interface for that particular VR (or VPC in my case)?

Att.,
Audrey

De: "Grégoire Lamodière" <g....@dimsi.fr>
Para: "users" <us...@cloudstack.apache.org>
Enviadas: Quinta-feira, 24 de novembro de 2016 19:59:29

Dear Audrey,

The starting point would be to install and start the cloudstack usage service (I think this step is well documented inside CS installation guide).
Basically, this service will collect and agregate usage for most CS metrics (Instance running, storage, network, etc).
These metrics are then stored inside a MySQL DB (cloud_usage).

You can easily export these values directly from Mysql to Excel (http://support.en.ctx.org.cn/ctx132030.citrix).

The second option (recommanded) is to use cloudstack API to get usage and manage them with third part apps.

I personnaly tested Amysta few months ago, and it was pretty good.

Best Regards.
---
Grégoire Lamodière

Dag.Sonstebo@shapeblue.com