Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Pich <pe...@edb.com> on 2007/05/25 16:25:06 UTC

Make changes on component using ViewHandler

Hi,

I declared a viewhandler that goes through all components and childrens
components checking for the attribute "permission", which is set on some
using f:attribute. If it is found I do some stuff finding out if this
component should be rendered. If no, i setRendered(false) on the component.

However, the component still gets rendered and I do not know why? Does
anybody know why the setting of rendered to false does not have any impact?

Best regards

Pichdude

Re: Make changes on component using ViewHandler

Posted by Pich <pe...@edb.com>.
Thank you very much.

But just to recap that thread to see that I am not missinterpreting. It is
not possible to change components found in the ViewRoot using a ViewHandler
or PhaseListener. It is however possible to do this by using a custom
UIViewRoot?

Best regards

Pichdude

Posted by Volker Weber <v....@inexso.de>.