Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Cliff Woolley <cl...@yahoo.com> on 2001/07/29 04:37:13 UTC

Tagging APACHE_2_0_22 (was Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server/mpm/threaded threaded.c)

On 28 Jul 2001 gregames@apache.org wrote:

> gregames    01/07/28 16:39:07
>
>   Modified:    .        CHANGES
>                include  scoreboard.h
>                server/mpm/threaded threaded.c
>   Log:
>   Fix a problem where the threaded MPM stalls after restarts or segfaults.
>
>   Also prevent multiple active processes from using the same scoreboard slot.

Well, I still managed to get it into a slightly weird state, but I was
really abusing it at the time.  Same test as before, but I did several
gracefuls in quick succession.  The first few worked great!  Eventually I
got it into some weird state with a worker on each line of the
server-status output (is that one line per child, did you say?) that was
stuck in the G state, at which point my ab abuse test stopped working
until I killed my browser, even though it looks from server-status like
there were workers available.  <shrug>  I captured the extendedstatus
output if anybody wants to see it.  It's at:

http://cobra.cs.virginia.edu/~jcw5q/server-status.html

Bottom line, though... with this patch threaded is much better than
before, so I bumped the tags.  I'm going to go ahead and retag everything
as APACHE_2_0_22, because AFAIK this is the last outstanding issue (give
or take Jeff's Solaris/OS390 build problems which have known workarounds).

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com
   Charlottesville, VA

Re: Tagging APACHE_2_0_22 (was Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server/mpm/threadedthreaded.c)

Posted by Cliff Woolley <cl...@yahoo.com>.
On Sat, 28 Jul 2001, Greg Ames wrote:

> > http://cobra.cs.virginia.edu/~jcw5q/server-status.html
>
> I get:
>
> 404 Not Found
>
> The requested URL /~jcw5q/server-status.html was not found on this
> server.

Whoopsie, wrong server.  That should have been s/cobra/www/

http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~jcw5q/server-status.html

Posted by Greg Ames <gr...@remulak.net>.
Cliff Woolley wrote:

> On 28 Jul 2001 gregames@apache.org wrote:
>
> > gregames    01/07/28 16:39:07
> >
> >   Modified:    .        CHANGES
> >                include  scoreboard.h
> >                server/mpm/threaded threaded.c
> >   Log:
> >   Fix a problem where the threaded MPM stalls after restarts or segfaults.
> >
> >   Also prevent multiple active processes from using the same scoreboard slot.
> >

> Well, I still managed to get it into a slightly weird state, but I was
> really abusing it at the time.  Same test as before, but I did several
> gracefuls in quick succession.  The first few worked great!  Eventually I
> got it into some weird state with a worker on each line of the
> server-status output (is that one line per child, did you say?) that was
> stuck in the G state, at which point my ab abuse test stopped working
> until I killed my browser, even though it looks from server-status like
> there were workers available.  <shrug>  I captured the extendedstatus
> output if anybody wants to see it.  It's at:
>
> http://cobra.cs.virginia.edu/~jcw5q/server-status.html

I get:

404 Not Found

The requested URL /~jcw5q/server-status.html was not found on this
server.

> Bottom line, though... with this patch threaded is much better than
> before, so I bumped the tags.  I'm going to go ahead and retag everything
> as APACHE_2_0_22, because AFAIK this is the last outstanding issue (give
> or take Jeff's Solaris/OS390 build problems which have known workarounds).

great!

Greg