Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Krishnamurthy, Ramanathan" <rk...@APEngines.com> on 2001/12/14 14:32:24 UTC

Dynamic Servlet Loading

Hi,

I am new to Tomcat/Servlets.

As I understand the servlet registration happens at startup time when the
web.xml file is read.

Is there some way to make the Tomcat re-read the web.xml file OR does Tomcat
provide APIs to register servlet dynamically ?

Thank you for your help,

Regards,
ram

RE: Dynamic Servlet Loading

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <ma...@isallineed.org>.
I don't have a single servlet in the web.xml, so tomcat can handle them
automatically. If there is no use for it : don't use it ;)) Saves a lot of
maintainance.. So only put things in the web.xml that should be there (you
have to check the servlet spec for that to see the options).

Mvgr,
Martin