Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Joshua Pritt <jp...@bellsouth.net> on 2003/08/15 04:19:32 UTC

Newbie Help Idea

I think if we can have a list of modules that people could write would
be helpful. For those who don't have enough experience to dive straight
in to the code, there could be a list of classes needed and what each
class should do. Example, geronimo needs a class that takes such and
such as parameters and returns such and such and does such and such. It
seems like a lot of people want to help, so by breaking it up into such
a list would result in a lot of versions of each listed class giving
more to pick and choose from and more ideas for each module.

Just a thought,
Josh "The Programmer" Pritt

Re: Newbie Help Idea

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk>.
On Friday, August 15, 2003, at 03:19  am, Joshua Pritt wrote:

> I think if we can have a list of modules that people could write would
> be helpful. For those who don't have enough experience to dive
> straight in to the code, there could be a list of classes needed and
> what each class should do. Example, geronimo needs a class that takes
> such and such as parameters and returns such and such and does such
> and such. It seems like a lot of people want to help, so by breaking
> it up into such a list would result in a lot of versions of each
> listed class giving more to pick and choose from and more ideas for
> each module.
>
> Just a thought,
> Josh "The Programmer" Pritt

Agreed. We should all try and put as many tasks into the TODO list to
give people ideas on what to do. (I"ve just added a few more).

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?ApacheJ2EE/TO-DO

There's heaps to do - we should really try and break down existing
tasks into small chunks to make it easier for folks to jump in and
start doing things. Though in the early days its a little hard until
the core framework is in place to know what to add - but it should be a
priority so we can all get stuck in and help. Though thats another task
in itself - find all the JSRs we should/need to implement (have just
added that to the wiki).

As soon as we've got our issue tracking system (which I hope is JIRA
but would settle for Scarab if we must, please not bugzilla) it'll be
really easy to add & manage tasks that way. Until then the Wiki should
allow us to have a page per task & list folks working on it etc.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/