Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Markus Strickler <ma...@braindump.ms> on 2008/10/08 09:46:18 UTC

Using static HTML in wicket

Hi-

we have a CMS generating a bunch of static html pages. Now I have to
add some dynamic content to each of these pages using wicket. The
pages have the basic HTML structure, navigation and some text blob,
wicket has to add the page title, whatever JavaScript it requires for
form processing, and a form + result view.
Now I'm wondering what would be the best way to mix the static HTML
and wicket's output.

Thanks for any suggestions,

-markus

believed to be clean.

Re: Using static HTML in wicket

Posted by Sven Meier <sv...@meiers.net>.
Hi Markus,

mount a single page:

   mount(new MixedParamUrlCodingStrategy("content", ContentPage.class, new String[] {"contentId"}));

In the constructor you can get hold of the requested content's id:

   public ContentPage(PageParameters params){
     this.contentId = params.get("contentId");
   }

Implement IMarkupResourceStreamProvider loading the markup depending on
contentId.
(take a look on *IMarkupCacheKeyProvider* too).
Use wicket ids in you CMS' pages as an 'API' to resolve components (see
IComponentResolver
<http://wicket.apache.org/docs/wicket-1.3.2/wicket/apidocs/org/apache/wicket/markup/resolver/IComponentResolver.html>),
e.g. "shoppingCart" -> ShoppingCartPanel.java.

Your content "foo" with all dynamic parts is then accessible via:

    http://yourserver/yourContext/content/foo

Sven

Posted by Markus Strickler <ma...@braindump.ms>.
Hi Sven,