Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Russell Bateman <ru...@windofkeltia.com> on 2017/05/15 19:31:21 UTC

Telescopic controller services in test framework...

I've written a controller service that depends on another controller
service. One of the properties in the first service builds itself using
.identifiesControllerService( Service2.class ), but no
.allowableValues()because it was unclear what to put.

In my test code, I'm struggling as to how to reflect this relationship.

    TestRunner runner = TestRunners.newTestRunner( SomeProcessor.class );
    Service1 service1 = new Service1();
    Service2 service2 = new Service2();

    runner.addControllerService( "foo",  service1 );
    runner.setProperty( service1, ..., "" );              // typical
    setProperty() call
    *runner.setProperty( service1, ..., service2 );  // this won't
    compile; it's not an allowable value*

    runner.enableControllerService( service1 );
    runner.assertValid( service1 );
    etc.

How is this really done?

Thanks.

Re: Telescopic controller services in test framework...

Posted by Mark Payne <ma...@hotmail.com>.
Russ,

When you call setProperty, it's expecting a String value, so you don't want to set the value of
the property to `service2` but rather you'd set the property to the identifier for service2. For example:

runner.addControllerService( "service-id2", service2 );  // add service2 with an identifier of "service-id2"
runner.addControllerService( "foo", service1 );

runner.setProperty( service1, SERVICE_PROPERTY_DESCRIPTOR, "service-id2" ); // set property so that service1 has ID of service 2
runner.enableControllerService( service2 ); // enable service2 so that it can be used by service1
runner.enableControllerService( service1 ); // enable service1

Does that help?

Thanks
-Mark

Posted by Matt Burgess <ma...@apache.org>.
I forgot, InvokeScriptedProcessor has an example of "dynamically"
adding properties, the code is a bit weird but the idea is represented
there: https://github.com/apache/nifi/blob/master/nifi-nar-bundles/nifi-scripting-bundle/nifi-scripting-processors/src/main/java/org/apache/nifi/processors/script/InvokeScriptedProcessor.java#L131

Posted by Matt Burgess <ma...@apache.org>.